New summer menu for EMA’s ‘small-plate’ restaurant, Proof 65
East Midlands Airport’s very own restaurant, Proof 65, has announced an exciting new small-plate summer menu for passengers to enjoy before jetting off on their holidays.
Proof 65 is refreshing its menu, adding more variety to its already extensive list of dishes. This includes new trial breakfast options for passengers travelling at the most popular time of day which is first thing in the morning.
The bar and restaurant specialises in quality small plate dishes and serves a wide selection of gins. Proof currently hosts 23 varieties of gin, including the local favourite - Burleigh’s, from the local Loughborough-based distillery.
This summer passengers can enjoy a mouth-watering selection with brand new dishes including:
- spiced chicken salad (GF)
- marinated chicken thigh, rocket leaves, cos lettuce and pineapple salsa
- beetroot & halloumi sliders with harissa yoghurt (V)
- baked halloumi on brioche burger rolls, gin beetroot puree, harissa yoghurt and rocket leaves.
- pepperoni, Mozzarella, and bagel pizza
- small plate breakfast (Cumberland ring, sweet cured bacon, roasted plum tomato and soft poached egg)
- small plate vegetarian breakfast (quorn British sausage, roasted mushrooms, roasted plum tomato and soft poached egg)
Proof 65 is available exclusively to passengers at East Midlands Airport. It is unique in that it is operated by the airport’s owner, MAG (Manchester Airports Group), alongside the popular ‘Escape Lounge’, rather than by a third party.
East Midlands is the first airport at which the concept is being trialled by MAG which also owns and operates Manchester and London Stansted Airport. With views over-looking the airport’s main passenger airfield, the light, airy and modern interior is more reminiscent of an upmarket high-street eatery than what is normally found in airports.
The new menu is the brainchild of MAG head chef Andy Jackson. Andy joined MAG two years ago, tasked with developing food and beverage for its 1903 lounge brand at Manchester Airport and has over 33 years’ industry experience.
About Proof 65
Read more about Proof 65 - East Midlands Airport's unique restaurant.