East Midlands Airport increases onsite Covid testing capacity
- Additional testing sites added including two drive-through
- Randox joins existing testing partner Collinson to deliver expanded facilities
- Mixture of pre-booked drive-through and walk-through centres with rapid three-hour PCR testing available
East Midlands Airport (EMA) is increasing its on-site Covid testing capacity.
As well as adding three further testing facilities, two of which are drive-through, Randox have been confirmed as an operator alongside existing provider, Collinson.
Together, they will offer passengers a range of arrival and departure tests, including packages for amber/green list countries, plus Test to Release, which unlocks passengers from quarantine after a full five days.
Both providers will offer unique tests, including Randox’s rapid 1-3-hour PCR test and Collinson’s same day Test to Release. Currently PCR tests can take up to 48 hours. However, with Randox’s rapid PCR test, results are available in just 1-3 hours which means travellers can save time and do the test on the day of travel.
Collinson’s same-day Test to Release process uses a rapid LAMP test, meaning that passengers can get their results back on the same day and release from quarantine on day five* with a negative result. Other providers use PCR, meaning it can take up to day six or seven to get a result. These are just two of the services Randox and Collinson will provide across MAG’s airports, with more than a dozen tests and options available.
PCR test prices start from £60, a full list of tests on offer, costs, plus locations at each airport can be found below. Tests can be booked online now.
Clare James, East Midlands Airport's Managing Director, said:
“We are pleased to increase our testing facilities, ahead of welcoming back more passengers this summer.
“Our partnership with Collinson has proved to be successful since launching in December and we are now delighted to welcome Randox on board. This new partnership means customers flying through our airports have a wide range of options to suit their circumstances.
“By offering both arrival and departure tests, as well as a choice of walk-through and drive-through test centres, passengers know they can select the test they require ahead of their trip.
“We are looking forward to working with both partners and hope to get Britain flying again as soon as possible.”
David Evans, Joint CEO from Collinson said:
"The new facilities will enable more travellers to be tested in a safe and comfortable environment, ensuring that departures and arrivals can happen as conveniently as possible. Collinson is proud to offer the full range of Government-approved COVID-19 testing solutions, including the only Test-to-Release process that allows travellers testing negative to be safely released from quarantine after just five full days.
“We're continuing to develop and strengthen our relationship with MAG, offering a full spectrum of tests and helping to support travellers as they prepare for a well-deserved summer break."
David Ferguson, Sales Director from Randox said:
“To date, Randox has processed over 13 million gold-standard PCR samples, and testing continues to be a vital part of the response to COVID-19 – not only to identify cases and prevent further spread, but also to assist with a return to social normality and international travel.
“We are delighted to working with Manchester Airports Group to support its enormous efforts to ensure passenger safety, and with premium COVID testing services in place at East Midlands, Manchester, and London Stansted airports, our new partnership will allow people to get back in the air again.”
“Randox is committed to providing accurate and cost-effective testing to ensure that essential travel, and holidaying when and where possible, is accessible, affordable and reliable and as such have invested in our capacity to now be able to process over 500,000 tests per day.”
Where to find testing centres at EMA
- Administration Building (B34), Ambassador Road: walk-through (pre-booking necessary)
- Long Stay 1 car park: drive-through (pre-booking necessary)
- JetParks 2 car park: drive-through (pre-booking necessary)
- Former Meet & Greet office near Arrivals (for emergency use only and not available for pre-booking)
Prices (subject to change):
- Departures: PCR (48 hours) - £65
- Departures:LAMP - £65
- Departures: Antigen - £30
- Departures: Antibody - £25
- Arrivals: Green Arrival (Day 2) - £75
- Arrivals: Amber Arrival (Day 2 and 8 package) - £130
- Arrivals: Test to Release (same day) - £75 *Please note - Government rules stipulate that the day of arrival is regarded as Day 0. Test appointments should be made for before 4pm in order to receive same-day results (before midnight).
- Departure: PCR (1-3 hours) / (12 hours) / (next day) - £95 / £70 / £60
- Departures: LAMP - £70
- Departures: Antigen - £39
- Departures: Antibody - £39
- Arrivals: Green Arrival (Day 2) - £60
- Arrivals: Amber Arrival (Day 2 and 8 package) - £120
- Arrivals: Test to Release (12 hours) - £60
To book tests please visit www.eastmidlandsairport.com/coronavirus/testing