Dry and fly from East Midlands Airport
Good news for people who have given up booze for January. The money saved from not buying alcohol could be spent instead on flights from East Midlands Airport.
Assuming the average weekly spend per person on alcohol is £44 or £176 a month, it won’t take long to put money aside for flights. And if you’re prepared to give up for longer, you’ll soon have enough to pay for an entire holiday.
Cheap flights and/or holidays can be had with all operators from East Midlands Airport. All flight prices are return. Holiday prices (where shown) are based on two people sharing. (*Prices correct as of 06.01.20 and subject to availability).
Ryanair (flights only)
- Knock (January) - £19.98
- Budapest (March) - £42.98
- Rome (April) - £107.98
- Rhodes (July) - £233.98
Jet2.com (flights and holidays)
- Faro in (February) - £108.00 / 3-night holiday - £245.00 self-catering
- Dubrovnik (May) - £163.00 / or holiday - £436.00 half-board
- Verona (June) - £172.00 / or holiday - £488.00 B&B
- Malta (October) - £194.00 / or holiday - £427.00 B&B
TUI (flights and holidays)
- Alicante (January) - £67.00
- Kavos (Corfu) holiday (August) - £428.00 self-catering
- Rhodes holiday (September) - £361.00 B&B
- Ski holiday in Bulgaria (January) - £292.55
- Bulgaria holiday (June) - £359.55 B&B
Heidi Barlow, East Midlands Airport’s Head of Marketing, says: “Flying off somewhere doesn’t have to be expensive. For the same price as the average weekly spend on your favourite tipple, you could travel to a European city, for example. Not only will you it broaden your mind but you’ll feel great having given up alcohol for a few weeks.”